A technical audit of the site must be carried out before the launch of the project, after redesign, relocation, structural change, and at least once every one to two months (depending on the size of the resource). With toto you can actually come up with the best choices for the proper website verification. This is a very important aspect and that is the reason that you can come up with the best options. You need the best choices here and that is the option that you get.
What tools to use
To conduct a technical audit you will need:
Using the Yandex.Webmaster service, you can find out:
- which pages are indexed and participate in the search, and which ones give errors;
- information about added or deleted pages;
- about viruses and malicious code, filters applied;
- page loading speed;
- settings for site regionality;
- file robots.txt;
- Sitemaps, etc.
Google Search Console
Using the Google Search Console service, you can check:
- whether the site has internal duplicates or duplication of headings and meta descriptions;
- filters applied to the site;
- errors within the site related to inaccessibility of pages;
- information about search visibility and site traffic;
- external links: the total number of links, which sites and pages link to you, which pages of your site are linked to, which anchors (texts) of links;
- how the internal links of the site are distributed;
- ease of viewing on mobile devices;
- blocked resources;
- scanning errors;
- file robots.txt;
Detailed instructions for working with Search Console from Google.
Using the parser, you can analyze the technical component of the site. The program allows you to identify many technical errors: broken links, duplicates of Title, Description and H headers, faulty redirects, nesting level, etc.
A detailed review of the most popular parsers in our blog is “Overview of the TOP-6 website parsers”.
What to check
- Server response code
When checking the server response code, make sure that:
For bonding pages on the site, 301 redirects are used instead of 302.
All non-existent pages give 404 server response code. Also check if the 404 error page is configured. To do this, enter any non-existent page on the site and see what the user will see: is it clear that this is an error page, are there links to other sections of the site, logo, etc. How to arrange page 404 is described in detail in the article “Error 404 – which means how to find and fix the error.”
All existing and necessary pages give 200 OK. The server response code can be checked using the Mainspy.ru online service. To check, you need to enter the URL of the page and click on the “Check” button. This is the essential thing that you need.