Passionate players no longer need to go to a horse racing track or go to the convenience store to place a bet where winnings and betting offers are limited. Instead, Canadians have a wealth of betting possibilities for a number of the most popular sports, from horse racing to poker games.
In The State
The Canadian state is in favor of sports betting and does not prohibit betting sites or their use. Our team has just published a very complete and interactive file on all the provinces of Canada accompanied by their statutes. Make a visit to mtnid88.com for the best choices.
And in the country, what does the legislation say?
The French State has set up an organization called Arjel, which regulates sports betting and whose main purpose is to fight against match-fixing and corruption.
Unfortunately we have not done a deep analysis of this market, we know that the main players sharing the market are ParionsWeb, Bwin, Unibet, Winamax, Betclic and PMU.
How do we choose our bookies?
The reality is that, like all businesses, bookmakers are there to make money. We make it our business to research only the most reliable online sports betting sites on the market.
We are looking for a number of factors in the selection of our bookmakers respecting the highest standards in the betting industry:
- Reputation for fair play in terms of betting margins.
- Rapid processing of requests and complaints.
- Bonuses with minimum “rollover” restrictions.
- Covered by a jurisdiction with regulated licenses.
- Fast and reliable customer service available by phone, email and live chat (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, whenever possible).
- Fast, secure and varied deposit and withdrawal options.
- Welcome bonus offers always make sure you read and understand the terms and conditions.
- Current offers and promotions rewarding the loyalty of existing customers.
- Other features such as live betting, mobile access, live streaming, withdrawal options, etc.
- Good selection of sports and markets to bet on.
Unlike its neighbors to the south, Canada has largely adopted a flexible approach towards foreign bookmakers, the majority of provinces having chosen not to block such websites or to try to prosecute them.
As a result, most Canadians can choose between foreign online betting offers and Canadian provincial online sports betting sites, but you should always check the current situation regarding the laws of your state or province before you get started.
If you want to know the betting situation in your province, do not hesitate to consult our article on sports betting legislation in Canada.There are several sections which you can access from our main menu, located at the top of the page. Here is a brief introduction to what you can find on our website:
Bookmaker Reviews: Read the professional reviews that tell you about some of the biggest bookmakers in the industry.